Trishnan Jogessur is a Community Project Co-ordinator at the National Empowerment Foundation, in Mauritius.
In 2007 she won a Diploma in Social Work at University of Mauritius and was awarded a London School of Economic (LSE) Scholarship. She continued her studies at the University of Mauritius, gaining a BSc in Social Work in 2009. From there she went on to earn a masters in Public Policy and Administration in 2011.
Trishna has strong IT skills. Her other competencies and experiences include being able to:
- formulate, implement, monitor, inspect and evaluate programmes and projects
- oversee decentralised offices for training of beneficiaries while liaising with key stakeholders for approval of such courses
- conduct regular meetings and surveys in order to gather needs of beneficiaries
- lead a team while contributing to strategic thinking
- advocate and develop procedures as and provide policy advice
- network with other teams
Trishna’s area of expertise is social welfare, social innovation and community empowerment. She would like to see vulnerable people graduate from absolute poverty.