Rinos Mautsa is a renowned award-winning entrepreneur, youth leader and customer experience specialist.
He is the Co-founder of Africcs Pvt Ltd, one of the first call centre companies to be established in Zimbabwe. He also co-founded the Chartered Institute of Customer Management, which is headquartered in South Africa with a channel presence in over 14 countries, among others.
Rinos is a Chairperson at Proctor and Associates – a fraud and risk advisory firm working closely with over various governments in Africa.
He is involved with several successful organisations in various capacities including:
- Facelift Construction where he is the Founding Chairman
- Energy Plus Group
- Leisure Plus International
- and the Contact Centre Association of Zimbabwe which he co-founded at 22.
He is currently working with various stakeholders in government to set up the Government National Call Centre, which will create thousands of jobs for young people in Zimbabwe.
Rinos is active in youth development initiatives as:
- a Board Member for the United Nations Association of Young Professionals based in USA
- the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers
- the Zimbabwe Youth Council – a government arm which oversee all youth activities in Zimbabwe
- and the Campus Community Foundation which is mentoring over 500 college students across Zimbabwe.
He is the recipient of several local and international awards including:
- Desmond Tutu Fellowship Award from the African Leadership Initiative, University of Oxford, UK
- the Young Visionary Award, from the Government of India
- the Top Young Person of the Year, from Junior Chamber International (JCI)
- the Business Leadership Award, from Megafest.
In addition, Rinos has been a judge for:
- the Buy Zimbabwe Awards in 2014 and 2015
- the Retailers Awards for 2016
- and the Harare Metro Corporate Social Responsibility Awards hosted by the Provincial Minister of Harare Metro in Zimbabwe.