Dr Jindra Cekanova is the Founder and President of Valuing Voices at Cekan Consulting.
An international political economist, she has 31 years experience in listening to those we ostensibly serve. She is an evaluator, speaker and writer about funding, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating for sustained impacts.
Jindra aims to raise up national voices for country-led sustainable development, starting with lessons from sustained and emerging impacts evaluations. On multimillion dollar projects, she has led:
- strategic planning
- technical project fundraising
- monitoring and evaluation
- knowledge management
- and advocacy.
She has worked as a consultant for Price Waterhouse, Coopers & Lybrand and the Salomon Brothers, as well as for non-profits such as:
- Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- CARE International
- Mercy Corps
- the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- and the Aga Khan Foundation.
Jindra is a dual American and Czech citizen. She has taught at:
- the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, US
- as a teaching assistant at Harvard, US
- and as a Research Fellow at the University of Cambridge, UK.