Iftekhar has more than eight years of multifaceted and cross-sectoral experiences spanning four continents.
He earned a masters in Leadership for Sustainability from Malmo University in Sweden as a Swedish Institute (SI) Scholar commissioned by the Swedish government. He also has a masters in Management, Economics and Consumer Studies from Wageningen University in the Netherlands as a Huygens Scholar commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
He is currently pursuing a PhD in Management at LUISS University in Rome, Italy as a LUISS Doctoral Fellow.
Iftekhar has worked with:
- the University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB) as a Lecturer in Management
- Oaktree headquarters in Melbourne, as an Australian government Department of Education and Training Endeavour Executive Fellow
- and UK Youth headquarters in London, as a British Council’s Charles Wallace Professional Visiting Fellow.
He has also worked with several global organisations including:
- Management for Development Training and Consultancy
- Euroconsult Mott MacDonald Group
- Business in Development Network
- and German Development Co-operation.
Iftekhar enjoys state-of-the-art research on entrepreneurship and organisational issues. He has a strong passion for strategy building. In policy, he advocates for the sustainability triple bottom line –people, planet and profit – and for tripartite collaborations involving business, nonprofits and the state.