Edem Awusi is a Development Finance Expert who currently works with the Centre for Local Governance Advocacy (CLG).
He is also the Monitoring and Evaluation Expert on the European Union's Local Economic Development Project (PROMUSH) in the Adentan Municipality, of Greater Accra in Ghana.
Edem knows about grants resource development and resource acquisition and management in the civil society space.
He is skilled in the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other non-governmental organisations (NGOs) for the purpose of increasing resources for civil society organisations.
Edem is involved in proposal development for high-value, competitive and complex funding opportunities. He has strong interests in:
- development financing
- entrepreneurship and skills development
- entrepreneurship and venture financing
- business and organisational development
- local economic development
- fiscal decentralisation
- local governance
- citizens' participation and social accountability.
Edem has worked on a number of projects including:
- the French government-funded Public Policy Advocacy and Social Accountability Projects I and II
- and USAID Ghana's Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms Project.
Edem has also written a number of articles which have been published in CLG's newsletter and on their website.